melted butter.

D641b13e 770a 46c9 9339 50f1a9d7fc20  img 20150427 141819

I just accidentally melted 5 sticks of butter. What would you do with it?

asked by mrslarkin over 3 years ago

Droplet

I would consider it a "happynstance" and proceed forward to beurre noisette :). Surely you know that road leads to many great things :). If you haven't opened ice cream season yet, https://food52.com/blog... now may be the time.

keg72

I'd have fun with it -- and make a few different things. I'd make some ricotta gnocchi and make a brown butter and sage sauce to go along with it. I love this: https://food52.com/recipes.... (Or just heat up some ravioli if you don't feel like making gnocchi.) I'd search in the desserts section of my recipe app (Paprika) for "melted butter" (or "butter, melted") and make a dessert to follow the gnocchi. Finally, save a bit of the butter and pop yourself a big bowl of popcorn, drizzling it with the remaining melted butter, and plop on the couch and watch a movie.

Depends upon what you'd LIKE to do, and what you have time for. I'd probably measure out 4 ounces and go ahead on and make something that takes a whole pound... like my Coconut Pound Cake. Conversely, you could divide the whole liquidy mess into 4-ounce cups and let them congeal again, then wrap and refrigerate until you need them for something.
That gnocchi sounds good....

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

You can make a lot of cookie dough and then freeze some for later.

Stephanie

Infused butter! Before dividing them, wrapping, and letting them congeal again (isn't congeal just such a great word?!) as Chef June suggests, toss in herbs and spices. Specifically, I'd suggest herbes de provence, a seasoning salt blend, cinnamon butter (to be used for all sorts of delicious breakfast or dessert recipes)...and so on and so forth.

All of the above, plus ramp butter.

Ramp butter...yum!! Tell me more. Didn't I get that garlic, honey, soy glazed chicken recipe from you? It's been in my regular rotation ever since I tried it.

PieceofLayerCake is a trusted source on baking.

I would definitely clarify it. Its so useful in so many situations!

PazzoNico

keyword: Paula Deen recipes. But you may need a couple more sticks... :D