🔕 🔔

I'm making a GF banana bread, and the recipe calls for 1/2 stick salted butter, melted. I have unsalted butter. How much salt should I add? Thanks!

It's Land O' Lakes, if that matters. No butter haters, please.... ;-)

asked by The Principal Cook over 1 year ago

On average in the US there is about 1/4 tsp of salt in a stick of butter. So about an 1/8 of a tsp should be about right.

2952b175 586d 4f22 a09b 32145fae8cf2  beijing hotpot

Thank you!

17cbe882 e54e 4513 bfe4 3579418350ce  fb avatar
mia

I like a little more salt in my baking, I'd up it to a 1/4 tsp of fine salt in a loaf of banana bread. That's the normal amount I add to all my pastry and quick breads.