how to compensate for adding too much vegetable oil to rice

Help! I added too much vegetable oil to the basmati rice that I'm cooking on the stove on a low setting. How do I remedy this without adding more rice (that I don't already have)?

asked by j about 3 years ago

Like how much too much. Details would make it easier to help. If you've just brought it to a simmer, you can drain it and start by adding new water.

j
j

The recipe asked for 3/4 cup for 3 cups of rice. I only used 1.5 cups of rice but didn't half the oil...

magpiebaker

How much more oil did you add than needed? If it's only slightly more, you could use it to toast the grains and give it more flavor. If it's really too much, maybe soak up some of the excess with a piece of bread or paper towel?