Osso bucco reheating

Making Osso bucco today for the first time (on the stovetop). I was planning to serve it tomorrow night, but i am not quit sure how to reheat the meat? (I was planning to strain and reduce the sauce today).

asked by barcelona over 3 years ago

Re-heat it slowly on the stove top in the braising liquid until warmed through.

After it is well chilled, scape off the congealed fat. Then reheat gently. You can do that either on top the stove or in the oven - but definitely covered.

plainhomecook

Agree with both posts below--low and slow is important or it may burn and stick. Add a little water if you need to.

PieceofLayerCake is a trusted source on baking.

I seem like I'm a little late, but you can always reheat slow-cooked meats in a 300F oven, strained from its liquid, wrapped tightly in foil. I do this often since dishes like this are nearly always better served a day or two later.

barcelona

Not to late, I am going to make it tonight :). I will try your methode. Just hoping that the meat is tender because after stewing it for 3 hours it was falling from the bone but still not really tender

I would suggest reheating it, covered, in a 250 degree oven so as to preserve the best qualities of its braise. And adding a little white wine before covering it would be a lovely idea.