🔕 🔔

I have a smoked brisket I plan to serve for a dinner party. How can I dress up the meal so it seems more elegant than just BBQ brisket.?

I got it at a local farmers market and the meat is quite good. Plan to serve w a delicious BBQ Sauce.

asked by rlucido over 2 years ago

609271d6 306e 4b3e 8479 9d404fb84e73  moi 1

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

Brisket is a mighty good food and I am sure your guests will be very happy to have it, dressed up or not. But you could always serve it with a series of interesting sauces (say mango mayonnaise, Giddy Swamp South Carolina Mustard Barbecue Sauce, sweet and spicy horseradish) and unusual slaws (e.g green papaya slaw, green apple slaw, carrot/chayote slaw). Your guests can build their very own brisket sandwich. My friends adore things like that, and I bet it will be a lot of fun.

731da808 0ee6 4688 813c 05a2a7f1ca9b  16463817 10154453650334385 2720521257626860247 o

PieceofLayerCake is a trusted source on baking.

You could serve it with slices of really good homemade brioche.

8f5038ed 8aca 4d33 aef7 8a0ce63adc40  img00019 20100929 0432 1

A nice presentation can help as well. An oblong, white large platter, lined with greens and a pop of a red or yellow vegetable will make it shine.

3d9a3882 c161 441f 8a91 0efd10979f7c  2007 09 11e s4

I dunno - White tie and tails? Sorry - I've just never seen a brisket served "elegant" before.

1097a5b5 1775 4eec a8ea 7421137b65dc  image 2 apples claire sullivan 2

If ‘elegant’ is narrowly defined as fancy-schmancy (silver platters, crystal, cartoon waiters in tails…) then no, perhaps it doesn’t apply to brisket. But elegant can also be simple, understated, even rustic – as long as done beautifully, with thoughtful details. For this dinner, that could be a table set with fresh wildflowers, simple table linens, maybe a bowl of gorgeous figs or plums, a scattering of simple tea lights. As mentioned above, interesting slaws and sauces served in pretty bowls…and perhaps AntoniaJames' Fresh Corn Spoonbread (perfect example of unfussy elegance) https://food52.com/recipes... All to compliment and let the brisket shine for what it is. 'Elegance' need not imply emulating a state dinner for the queen!

I would just serve it on the most elegant china/glassware that you have, and also have a more elegant dessert and sides.