I underbaked my cookies, now what?

I made a batch of snickerdoodles and got distracted and took them out of the over just a couple minutes early. I didn't notice that they were still a little doughy (read: raw) on the top until they were cooled and I was ready to put them away. They aren't too bad, as in they're edible. I just prefer my cookies a little less soft. Any tips on fixing? Oven was at 400 for baking.

asked by Gabriella over 3 years ago

Trena Heinrich
Trena Heinrich

Trena is a trusted source on general cooking.

Perhaps some of our baking experts will weigh in soon, until then, I'd put them back in the oven to finish cooking.

Chef Lisa

I suppose another alternative might be to whizz them in a processor for use as a topping. Just a thought.

PieceofLayerCake is a trusted source on baking.

First of all...the only time I ever bake a cookie at a high temperature such as 400F, is when I want a raw center. You could try putting them back in at 325F for a few minutes. Even though they're cool, they shouldn't color too much in order to firm up a bit.

Gabriella

Thanks so much for the tip! This is the only cookie I think I've made that bakes at a high temperature and as delicious as they are getting them baked just the right amount is tricky since its a short window, but now maybe I'll try them at a lower temp next time and see if they cook more evenly!