🔕 🔔

Pecan pie

Baked until pie was a little jiggle, took it out of oven, let cool. Now the top is hard as a rock. Anything I can do to salvage it?

asked by Elise 6 months ago

I suspect it may be fine if you removed it from the oven when it was still jiggling. Have you made this recipe before and had it turn out differently? If it is truly overcooked, there's not much you can do to soften it, although reheating it in a low oven should loosen it a bit for serving.

Elise

I have made this recipe before, but I just moved into a new place with an old oven. Had heat turned down to 325 bc of altitude and watched closely. I think it was in 5-10 minutes too long and the sugar caramelized on top. Will try reheating on low for serving! Would be sad to have it go to waste 😭

I would stay optimistic! I've had the top of my pecan pie caramelize many times, and the filling is still gooey and delicious. Yours is beautiful Happy Thanksgiving!

Elise

Heating it at a low temp worked wonders. And the inside was still gooey and perfect. Thank you for providing this cool service! Put me at ease and gave me some tips for success.