I have twelve egg yolks leftover from an angel food cake recipe. My instinct says pound cake, but it'd be nice to do something different. Any ideas?

So many egg yolks! So overwhelmed by the possibilities, but zero inspiration!

asked by Julianna Bug Driskel over 3 years ago

Type in "egg yolks" in the search box, Q &A (hotline) for lots of uses.

dinner at ten
dinner at ten

dinner at ten is a trusted home cook.

If you don't want to use all of them right away, you could freeze them for later use: http://www.incredibleegg.org/egg-facts/eggcyclopedia/f/freezing-eggs

I often like to make Madeleines when I have extra egg yolks. However, they do freeze well, so you don't need to be in a hurry to use them.

Pavlova. Click the magnifying glass at the top of the screen, type in Pavlova, and choose Recipes from the pull-own menu.

Oops! Forget Pavlova. I thought you meant egg whites.

Jimmy Hoxie

mayonnaise, salad dressings, citrus curd, ice cream, custards, hollandaise, zabablione, face mask, hair conditioner,

Claire Smith

Whenever I have egg yolks I always make cheese straws because they are so delicious and I can't stop eating them! The pre-baked batter also freezes fairly well so you can save it some to bake later http://handfulofsunshine.com/2015/01/10/cheese-twists/

CanadaDan

Fresh pasta. 2 yolks, 1 cup AP flour and 1 tbsp olive oil per person.

Daniella

How about this Austrian lemon & poppy peed bundt cake? The recipe calls for 11 egg yolks. Super delicious! http://videoculinary.com/recipes/cakes/190-lemon-poppy-seed-cake

Daniella

poppy seed***

Liza's Kitchen NYC

Ice cream or frozen custard!

keg72

Ice cream!