🔕 🔔

Can I substitute broad bean chili paste in place of ssamjang?

No ssamjang to be found and I'm hosting a dinner party tommorow (chronic procrastination). I have broad bean chili paste, gochujang, and various other chili garlic sauces/condiments - any suggestions for a combination that will be an adequate substitute? Much appreciated! *Note - the ssamjang is being used as a condiment with momofuku Bo ssam.

asked by KOKelley over 2 years ago

You can make it if you have gochujang and miso. My store was out of it, so I made it using this recipe. Usually it's made with a chunky type miso, but this will be close enough. It says to use red miso, but I always buy shiro miso, so that's what I used.
http://www.finecooking...

Thank you, Susan!