🔕 🔔

Cooked French lentils

I cooked lentils for a recipe and didn't use all. Will they be ok to use a week later in soup?

asked by Food odyssea about 2 years ago

67544da8 1862 4539 8ec8 2d9dfc2601bb  dsc 0122.nef 1

Not sure, butif you don't want to waste it, freeze the leftover lentils immediately after completely draining any cooking water out of it.

I see no need to freeze them if you're going to use them in a week. I would drain them and refrigerate them in an air-tight container so they won't pick up any unwanted odors. Another way I sometimes save them is to store them in a vinaigrette. Then they're ready to embellish a salad in a minute.

3-5 days is the usual practice for cooked lentils. A week is pushing it. If I knew I wouldn't use them for a week, I would freeze them.
http://foodstorage.pbworks...

84baef1b 1614 4c3d a895 e859c9d40bd1  chris in oslo

Stilltasty.com says 5-7 days in the refrigerator http://www.stilltasty.com.... At a week, I'd be should be sure to cook the soup well.