5 1/2 cups leftover ganache, and an additional 2 cups whipped ganache leftover from a wedding cake

What should I do with it? Can I use it as an ingredient in something else? (cookies, cake, ice cream?) I don't really want 1000s of truffles, or to fill 100s of cookies/tartlets/cakes, but a recipe where ganache is an ingredient. It's about 1:1 chocolate:cream, with some added sugar (the chocolate was too bitter to accompany the cake)

• Posted by: Sarah
  • June 4, 2015

hardlikearmour June 4, 2015

A couple of ideas: Chill it, then cube it and stir it into a bread pudding. Use it to make Dorie Greenspans Hot (and Cold) Chocolate https://food52.com/recipes... (use 2 cups skim milk, same amount water, same or less sugar, and about 400 grams of ganache to get ~ the same batch as in the recipe).

Nancy June 4, 2015

use as filling for dessert crepes or topping for dessert pasta. also in kugel (noodle pudding). sauce for ice cream. in baguette sandwiches French kids eat - gouter? - instead of a chocolate bar. as filling for rogelach or other rolled pastry cookies. as spread (in place of tomato sauce) in a dessert pizza....other toppings your choice.

Voted the Best Reply!

drshakyhands
drshakyhands June 4, 2015

Maybe you could just put it on an ice pack and mail it to me. I would gladly just eat it.

ktr
ktr June 4, 2015

I was thinking the same thing!

jilhil
jilhil June 4, 2015

You can always freeze some or all of it so you only have a reasonable amount on hand. I'd also try mixing some of it with almond butter to spread on toast.

Jennifer W
Jennifer W June 11, 2015

Soften it enough to cover a layer cake with it. Or whip it and use it as a whipped ganache icing, use the cream to fill the cake:)