5 1/2 cups leftover ganache, and an additional 2 cups whipped ganache leftover from a wedding cake

What should I do with it? Can I use it as an ingredient in something else? (cookies, cake, ice cream?) I don't really want 1000s of truffles, or to fill 100s of cookies/tartlets/cakes, but a recipe where ganache is an ingredient. It's about 1:1 chocolate:cream, with some added sugar (the chocolate was too bitter to accompany the cake)

asked by Sarah over 3 years ago

A couple of ideas: Chill it, then cube it and stir it into a bread pudding. Use it to make Dorie Greenspans Hot (and Cold) Chocolate https://food52.com/recipes... (use 2 cups skim milk, same amount water, same or less sugar, and about 400 grams of ganache to get ~ the same batch as in the recipe).

use as filling for dessert crepes or topping for dessert pasta. also in kugel (noodle pudding). sauce for ice cream. in baguette sandwiches French kids eat - gouter? - instead of a chocolate bar. as filling for rogelach or other rolled pastry cookies. as spread (in place of tomato sauce) in a dessert pizza....other toppings your choice.

jilhil

You can always freeze some or all of it so you only have a reasonable amount on hand. I'd also try mixing some of it with almond butter to spread on toast.

Jennifer W

Soften it enough to cover a layer cake with it. Or whip it and use it as a whipped ganache icing, use the cream to fill the cake:)