Can anything be made from the water left after making boiled peanuts?

I made boiled peanuts today and tasted the leftover water. It is yummy! Salty and peanut-y. Can anything be made from it? Maybe a soup or sauce? I stuck it in the fridge to save for later. Any ideas appreciated.

asked by Rachelwrites almost 3 years ago

cookbookchick

Base for peanut butter soup? We used to get that at a local restaurant in Maryland, complete with popcorn croutons, their specialty. Or perhaps for Asian soups or sauces? Other cooks here will certainly be able to weigh in on Asian preparations better than I can.

cookbookchick

Also African cuisines use a lot of peanuts. Google and see what you get!

Rachelwrites

Do you remember what was in the peanut butter soup?

cookbookchick

It was many years ago, but it was a cream of peanut butter soup. Try this one, maybe: http://www.history.org...

Rachelwrites

Thanks for the input. I ended up making a soup: equal parts chicken stock and "peanut water" with sweet potatoes, a little red chili powder, red onion and garlic stems. It was yummy!