🔕 🔔

Can anything be made from the water left after making boiled peanuts?

I made boiled peanuts today and tasted the leftover water. It is yummy! Salty and peanut-y. Can anything be made from it? Maybe a soup or sauce? I stuck it in the fridge to save for later. Any ideas appreciated.

asked by Rachelwrites about 2 years ago

092efd1a f34b 461d 89b1 f3e76e0ce940  dsc 0028

Base for peanut butter soup? We used to get that at a local restaurant in Maryland, complete with popcorn croutons, their specialty. Or perhaps for Asian soups or sauces? Other cooks here will certainly be able to weigh in on Asian preparations better than I can.

Also African cuisines use a lot of peanuts. Google and see what you get!

C4950803 7ae7 4d2a 9c91 ff8b856fe028  dscf0339

Do you remember what was in the peanut butter soup?

It was many years ago, but it was a cream of peanut butter soup. Try this one, maybe: http://www.history.org...

Thanks for the input. I ended up making a soup: equal parts chicken stock and "peanut water" with sweet potatoes, a little red chili powder, red onion and garlic stems. It was yummy!