how long does homemade ice cream last in the freezer?

ice cream, home made, lasts, how long, freezer

asked by Klancy about 3 years ago

former Community Editor

This previous thread on the topic should help: https://food52.com/hotline...

sonya

Cook's Illustrated says that it will keep for "up to 2 days", and I think I read somewhere that it can get more crystallized over time, which isn't as nice of a texture, BUT honestly I make homemade ice cream all the time, and I've never noticed any difference over time. I left some in the freezer while we were gone on vacation for 2-3 weeks, and it was very yummy with no textural problems when we got back! So there's always some risk of it not tasting as good, and it's not the sort of thing that you'd intentionally keep in there for 6 months, but if you can't finish it, don't worry about it at all!