What to do with Caramel Apple Honey Jelly?

Since I love toast, my parents bought me a very fancy jar of Caramel Apple Honey Jelly. However, I am generally not a fan of caramel and don't want them to feel bad by wasting the jar (it was purchased in another state).

With the caramel and honey, I don't know how it would work as a glaze in an entree. I was thinking it could be brushed over a fruit tart or baked into bars... Any ideas of how to use it?

asked by Ashley almost 3 years ago

Meaghan F

It would probably work as a ham glaze, or with duck... You could warm it and pour over ice cream, use it in a PB&J sandwich, or make any kind of jelly-filled cake, tart, or cookie. I feel like it'd pair particularly well with gingerbread.

If you only mildly dislike caramel (you said you weren't a fan), think of it as its two major components (butter and sugar) and use where they would be needed.
Also, following Meaghan F's suggestion about gingerbread, use it in a recipe with strong flavors that will mute the caramel. Two ideas that come to mind are upside down cake (especially with caramel) and in brownies.

Uh, officer, do you have to arrest me for writing while tired?
That should have been "especially with pineapple or other strongly flavored fruit"...

I would try basting on chicken. Let it caramelize.

Ashley

Huh, thinking of it as butter and sugar makes sense. I like the idea of using it to glaze some chicken, then if there's leftovers, on an upside down cake! Thank you so much!!