Saving Pickle Juice. What do you use it for?

I save pickle juice after we finish a jar of pickles. What uses to you use your pickle juice?

Mostly we use it to put in garden fresh cucumbers sliced up for 'quick pickles' for salads. And for adding to a brine for chicken soaked overnight. Then dipped in seasoned flour..seasoned butter milk..seasoned flour..repeat. rest it..fry it.

Kristen W.
Kristen W.

Kristen W. is a trusted home cook.

I just added pickled cherry pepper pepper brine to a vinaigrette for a pasta salad yesterday - very tasty!

Meaghan F

I reuse it for quickles or vinaigrettes. Kind of intrigued by the "pickle juice popsicle" mentioned in another recent thread though.

Bevi

I use bread and butter pickle juice in dressing for cole slaw.

A darn good Bloody Mary.

Nice idea!
This also makes me think of a "Dirty Martini"...

bugbitten

Mom used the bread-and-butter pickle juice for church potato salad. Yum

I went to the first Food52 piglet party, and one of the vendors put pickle juice in a martini. It was interesting! (and good for pickle lovers like me.)

cookinginvictoria

Potato salad, quickles, and vinaigrette (use for part or all of the acid) -- it's delicious!

Making more pickles. I do it all the time.

Justin Palmer

Mom boils Brussels sprouts for 4 minutes then drowns them in the pickle juice. Delicious after only an hour in the fridge!

tersher

Or you could just drink it!

Colleen Stem

I use as a salad dressing, to cook lentils, dump into soups, even to make bread. Not going to lie, I like to drink it straight up too!

Kate

Picklebacks! (Shot of whiskey, chased by a bite of pickle or sip of pickle juice..) Have fun ;)

Hillary Reeves

Love all the answers so far. I second quick pickles, especially.

The secret to my tuna salad is a splash of pickle juice. Really kicks it up a notch!!

Niknud
Niknud

Rachael is a trusted home cook.

Bloody marys! In fact, I'll go to the deli counter and score some of the brine from the boar's head pickle jar for just that reason. I guess you could use it in rye bread or something but.....bloody mary's! Don't forget the sprinkling of celery seeds on top too.

You can add it to vinegar for marinating sauerbraten.

Michele

If you are going to reuse the juice for more pickles how long before they are good to eat?