Jars for "quick pickling"

Do I really need to use canning jars to quick pickle things? Or, can I just reuse jars like spaghetti sauce jars, salsa jars, etc...? I just want to quick pickle green beans, okra, asparagus, etc... The jars will be refrigerated.

asked by CaryNC over 5 years ago

If you're sealing them to store in the pantry, yes you need jars that can seal.

CaryNC

Thanks Amanda I clarified my post to explain that I am doing a quick pickle and they will be stored in the fridge.

SeaJambon

If it is a quick pickle, stored in fridge, never intended to be shelf-stable, then you can use any container you want. Glass is best simply because it is less likely to release unpleasant flavors like plastic may, but plastic is okay too.