Muffin wet ingredients have separated into solids and liquids

I thought all my ingredients were at room temp, but I'm guessing something was still cold. I've mixed butter, milk, sugar, eggs, and creme fraiche with my kitchenaid and somehow over mixed until the solids have separated from the liquids. Any way to salvage it?

asked by Meatballs&Milkshakes over 3 years ago

Melted butter, right? I'm guessing that may be your culprit, that it may have been too warm so that once it was incoeporated into the other ingredients, it began to solidify rather than form an emulsion. However, have no fear. Pan up your muffins, analyze the results, and go forth the next time more informed. Your recipients will likely be none the wiser, and mostly grateful that you thought of them.