Our NYC Holiday Market is open (!!!) for the weekend. Come on by »
🔕 🔔

Food plating classes / resources

I would like to improve my plating skills and looking for a class in New York City... Or any other resources that would be helpful (book, web, workshops, etc.). Many thanks!

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

asked over 1 year ago
39bc764f 7859 45d4 9e95 fc5774280613  headshot 2.0 crop

Hi QueenSashy, I teach a Food52 food styling class here regularly at ICE, though there's a wait list -- it's a surprisingly popular subject. The best resources will depend on what your style is and what you'd like to accomplish. I haven't found books to be very helpful -- they're generally full of old stylists' tricks for making fake food for the camera (though I'd love to hear if others know better books than I've found). The best sources of inspiration for me have been places like Instagram, new cookbooks, Pinterest, food blogs, contributors to Food52 , and, of course, lots of trial and error1

609271d6 306e 4b3e 8479 9d404fb84e73  moi 1

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

Hi Kristen, yes I checked out the class and every time it was sold out... I have been using Pinterest and Instagram a lot, and these are wonderful resources, it is just that suddenly I crave a little bit of structured learning. I will be keeping an eye on the next class. Or perhaps, you guys can have a styling column here at Food52? :)