🔕 🔔

What do you do with patty pan squash? I need cooking/dish ideas.

I do not have an oven.

asked by zucchinivore over 2 years ago

I keep it very simple and just lightly steam the squash and add butter, salt, pepper and sometimes parm. You might try a recipe search using the search function at the top of this page for something more complex. Be sure to choose "recipes" from the drop-down menu.

F83774ec c18a 46a4 8dff 00877f15aed6  image
Kristen W.

Kristen W. is a trusted home cook.

You could sub it for summer squash or zucchini in just about anything you would use those vegetables in: quiche or frittata, gratins, on pasta, on pizza, stuffed, roasted on a roasted veg sandwich, simply sautéed with a little butter, etc. It's a very mild flavor, so I like it well-cooked (and if possible, caramelized) to bring out it's sweetness. I also think it pairs well with something green and herbaceous, like pesto.

Kristen W.

Kristen W. is a trusted home cook.

Oh, forgot you said you don't have an oven - well, never mind about the roasted stuff...:)

Fc23ea4b 9ae1 494e 8a6f ba43f6488062  me by barbara tyroler

I think that you could cook the stuffed squash in a covered braising pan, stove-top, with a small amount of liquid in the bottom of the pan. Check to be sure it doesn't get dry. You won't get browned topping, but cheese will melt.

pickle them, if you like that flavor profile.
here are a bunch of recipes:
https://www.google.ca/webhp...

516f887e 3787 460a bf21 d20ef4195109  bigpan

I cut the stems, cut in half, sautee in unsalted butter. Doesn't get much better. Keep it simple.

Nan

Make Squash Butter, like zucchini butter