A question about a recipe: Grandma Virginia's Oven-Fried Chicken

B65b3cad a242 438b bef4 eac9acd5177a  2014 0318 wc grandma virginias fried chicken 005

I have a question about the recipe "Grandma Virginia's Oven-Fried Chicken" from luvcookbooks. I brined this chicken overnight and was going to make it for dinner tonite, but now we will not be home. Should I leave it in the brine for another 24 hours or remove, dry and store it for another day? Thanks!

asked by mimi3 about 3 years ago

IMO, keeping it in the brine will compromise the quality & texture of the chicken.

mimi3

Thanks!!!!

This happens to me quite often. Like SXLC said, too much brining is not good. It will sort of pickle the chicken. I'd remove it and just store it like any raw chicken. It will be fine the next day and it won't lose the brined flavor or jucyess.

mimi3

Thanks so much!

luvcookbooks
luvcookbooks

Meg is a trusted home cook.

I haven't done this myself, but looked it up a few places and the salt seems to break down the chicken fibers if it brines too long, so I also vote for removing it from the brine and patting it dry.