A question about a recipe: Grandma Virginia's Oven-Fried Chicken

I have a question about the recipe "Grandma Virginia's Oven-Fried Chicken" from luvcookbooks. I brined this chicken overnight and was going to make it for dinner tonite, but now we will not be home. Should I leave it in the brine for another 24 hours or remove, dry and store it for another day? Thanks!

• Posted by: mimi3
  • August 28, 2015

sexyLAMBCHOPx August 28, 2015

IMO, keeping it in the brine will compromise the quality & texture of the chicken.

mimi3
mimi3 August 28, 2015

Thanks!!!!

Susan W August 28, 2015

This happens to me quite often. Like SXLC said, too much brining is not good. It will sort of pickle the chicken. I'd remove it and just store it like any raw chicken. It will be fine the next day and it won't lose the brined flavor or jucyess.

mimi3
mimi3 August 28, 2015

Thanks so much!

luvcookbooks
luvcookbooks August 28, 2015

I haven't done this myself, but looked it up a few places and the salt seems to break down the chicken fibers if it brines too long, so I also vote for removing it from the brine and patting it dry.