🔕 🔔

can i brine a judy bird for five days?

I started my dry brine on Monday afternoon and then was diagnosed with strep throat yesterday! I'm hosting friends for Thanksgiving and they can come on Saturday instead of Thursday but I want to make sure having the turkey in the dry brine that long will not destroy it or make it unsafe in any way.

asked by Dyan 25 days ago

943ef19e ba69 4112 8de6 b4111eef31da  img 0051 1
Suzanne D'Amato

Suzanne is the Editor-in-Chief of Food52.

Oh no! So sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. I wouldn't dry brine the Judy Bird for much longer than three days...too many days in the fridge can become a food safety issue. You'd be better off roasting it and serving some delicious leftovers on Saturday.