What to do with 1 lb. of baby shrimp?

I had a misunderstanding about an Instacart order and I now have 1 lb. of 70 count shrimp. Ideas for uses? I need to use them today and I am only cooking for myself and my husband tonight. Of course that's a lot of food for two so if it's a recipe that can translate into lunch for the next day that would be helpful as I hate to be wasteful. Thanks!

asked by Summer of Eggplant about 3 years ago

I'd separate into smaller portions and freeze some for future use.

There are hundreds of thousands of use for small shrimp. Fried rice, tacos, omelettes, salads are a few off the top of my head. It really depends on what you like. Shrimp will stand in for a lot of protein.

C Sangueza

There is a recipe on this site for Greek style shrimp in tomato sauce. I make something similar and it is fantastic, you can just use the tiny shrimp as you would any other shrimp. They are also good to top a salad, or with a little mayo and cocktail sauce as a sandwich filling or you can use them in a shrimp chowder. Really they can be used anywhere you would use any shrimp.

okonomiyaki, shrimp burgers, fried rice...

inpatskitchen
inpatskitchen

Pat is a trusted home cook.

Make shrimp salad sandwiches on croissants:
https://food52.com/recipes...

No need to chop the shrimp and if you like, use regular mayo instead f the white bean one.

I usually use them for shrimp cakes.

Here's my recipe for a shrimp & pepperoncini salad.
https://food52.com/recipes...

PieceofLayerCake is a trusted source on baking.

Sauté or grill them and throw them in a salad with bitter greens, grapefruit segments, pine nuts or almonds and avocado and make a dressing with the grapefruit zest, juice from the grapefruit "corpse" (term for that?), and olive oil.

Kristen W.
Kristen W.

Kristen W. is a trusted home cook.

Love it - Grapefruit Corpse Vinaigrette!