🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Nach Waxman's Brisket of Beef

Ed11481c 77d1 4bc4 9c8c 079271c8af8a  8222494410 c497a1065a b

I have a question about the recipe "Nach Waxman's Brisket of Beef" from Genius Recipes. I am making this at my in-laws and they don't have a Dutch oven. Can I do this without one? If I have to use a throw away roast pan do I cover with foil?

asked by alex about 2 years ago

39bc764f 7859 45d4 9e95 fc5774280613  headshot 2.0 crop

Sure, you can hack it! You can sear in a heavy-bottomed skillet, then braise/roast in the throw-away pan tightly covered with foil. You'll probably want to keep a close eye and add extra liquid if it looks like it's getting dry on the bottom, so that it doesn't burn.

Another tip - if you're using a big foil roaster pan, put it on a sheet pan before you load it up and put it in the oven. Much safer and more reliable to handle.

PS Do I hear Rosh Hashanah coming up?...if yes, happy new year!