Can I use a 9-in pie pan to make the chocolate mochi snack cake?

The recipe calls for a 9 x 13 in pan.

Link to recipe: https://food52.com/recipes...

asked by thepuffin about 3 years ago

A 9x13" pan holds 15 cups whereaa a 9" pie pan only holds 4 cups. So a recipe which calls for a 9x13 probably has too many cups of batter to sub with a pie pan

You could certainly use 3 pie pans or if you have them, 2 9 inch cake pans. You may want to calculate how much batter the cake pans hold the way Monita did. I haven't done that in a while, so I don't have the number off the top of my head. Glad you asked this because I can't wait to make it. Just bought my glutinous rice flower.