Help! I can't find my 8 inch springform pan

What can I use instead? making a chocolate chestnut cake. Thank you!

asked by Sophie Hays almost 3 years ago

Riddley Gemperlein-Schirm
Riddley Gemperlein-Schirm

Assistant Editor at Food52

I'd suggest lining a regular ol' cake pan with greased parchment paper! You can either cut the parchment to fit the bottom and invert it or let the parchment drape over the sides and lift it out of the pan. Here's a helpful thread for you to look at! https://food52.com/hotline...

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

And if you do not have parchment paper -- butter the pan generously and dust it with flour. Shake off the excess flour and pour in the batter. The cake will come out. I grew up without parchment paper and springform pans, and buttering and flouring worked like magic :)