How can I make an apple pie without a pie pan?

I have a cupcake pan, round cake pan, a sheet pan, and 13 x 9 baking pan.

asked by Jess o 12 months ago

Uncle Jess

Try recipes for a gallette, a free form pastry that can be made with pie crust. Several on Food 52

Christine Vichi

Using your sheet pan/baking pan/cookie sheet-You can make an open faced type of apple pie. Roll out dough large enough to have at least 4+ inches extra around the edges. Arrange apples in center and then merely take the edges of the dough and fold them up and over the sides and hopefully 1/2 way on top of the apples leaving the center open (the size of the center opening depends upon how much extra dough you leave on the sides before you fold it over. Want more apple coverage-start with alot of extra dough on the sides-But leave at least the size of can of vegetables open for both ventilation and appearance.