🔕 🔔

Can I make a layer cake into a sheet cake?

I'm making cake for about 55 people next week. I'd like to use this chocolate cake recipe (http://www.foodnetwork...) but I'd rather make a 1/2 sheet pan (18 X 13) sheet cakes than layers for simplicity. Can any recipe be converted from rounds to sheets and how might this affect the cooking of the center of the sheet cake? Thanks!!

asked by meganvt01 about 5 years ago

You're too sweet! Have fun with your cake and your event.

You definitely can. Just make sure to double or triple the recipe based on the amount of cake (in square inches) you're making in the larger pans.

Good point, Elkie Oiishi. To fill a half-sheet pan, I increase a recipe for a 9" round pan by 1.5. For a full sheet, increase by 3x.

For a really great and easy chocolate cake that works well ib a sheet pan, try this! http://www.floras-hideout...