🔕 🔔

Basil oil

I have some leftover basil oil I made by simmering fresh basil in olive oil for a while. Any thoughts as to how to store it? Is it safe in the pantry or needs to be refrigerated? Thanks

asked by CanadaDan over 2 years ago

Check with scientists or county extension or other reliable source for safe storage practice - temperature & time. There is danger of botulism in home-made infused herb oil, so the time period is limited, just not sure what the latest info is.

OK, here's one source from the University of Maine.
http://umaine.edu/publications...

Doesn't this completely change when the oil is strained? Also, he's simmering the oil, so what pathogen could survive that? Don't get me wrong, I would still refrigerate the oil.