Should I store all of the juice from a cooked pork roast with the meat or in a separate container?

I made a pesto-crusted boneless pork roast, and wanted to know if I should carve it before storing it in the refrigerator, and also if I should store the juice with or without the meat?

asked by Cindy Kearse Wright over 3 years ago

Garlic Fiend

We normally carve a roast first before storing so it's easier to reheat single serving sizes. We also store with the juices

Cindy Kearse Wright

Thank you very much!

I do not carve roasts in advance for later serving. The slices tend to dry out.

Unsurprisingly, good delis/sandwich shops/etc. slice to order.

I will store roasts with their associated juices. The juices come from the meat anyhow.

The only real reason to carve a large roast before serving it is for ultra-fast service.

Cindy Kearse Wright

Thank you! I decided to leave it whole as you suggested and store it with the juices.

Yep..leaving it whole is best to keep it moist. These days, even the chain supermarket delis slice their meats to order.