milk

i have a small amount (1-2 cups) of milk thats been in the fridge a little too long. It has seperated- I'm assuming it's past sour milk at this point. Is there anything i can do with it? Is it still usable? (It's whole, local, organic, and pasturized)

asked by julie over 2 years ago

Jenny Maria

Try tasting and smelling it if do NOT appeare rotten use it for baking bread

julie

Thanks for your response! I think I have decided to toss it, though I do hate waste.

I would not take a chance with illness or a ruined dish over 2 cups of milk. By separated, do you mean curdled? Is it past it's use by date? Personally, I would toss it.

julie

Thanks so much for responding! I was hoping I could make some kind of small batch cheese- I just hate waste- but you're probably right, it may not be worth the risk.

Richard

If it were raw (unpasturized) milk it would be soured, and can be used, while pastured milk just spoils and can not be used.

julie

Thanks! This is exactly the answer I was looking for!