🔕 🔔

Chicken soup in a pressure cooker

I was just wondering what some opinions are on using a pressure cooker to make chicken soup. Does slow cooking extract more flavor from the bones and yield deeper flavor?

asked by James Durazzo over 2 years ago

I haven't used a pressure cooker in ages, but I remember it making incredible stocks. I'd say you'll be very pleased with the results.

It is the only way if you are making proper soup out of Boiling Fowl.

0f493ab9 068f 4498 ba2c 95c992214d52  sit2

It's very good. I use Chicken Thighs. Carrots, Celery, Onion..and a bit of thyme.
Pressure it about 1 hour.
The thighs have given up all their meat flavor...so toss the dry meat.
I will put back in the bones and simmer and reduce and add salt until it has a rich flavor.

Then it gets drained into a tall pot and put in the fridge until a 'fat disk' forms that can be easily lifted/skimmed off.

I made this last week in my Instant Pot, and it was incredible!

http://www.seriouseats...