A question about a recipe: Cider Cheesecake Pie

136b464f fa36 4a2b 88ea 7f5eba268fc9  2015 1109 cider cheesecake pie alpha smoot 094

I have a question about the recipe "Cider Cheesecake Pie" from erinmcdowell. e.g. Do i start with 3/4 cup apple cider and reduce it by boiling or use the full 3/4 into the batter.?

asked by denise milke about 3 years ago

Erin McDowell
Erin McDowell

Baking consultant at large at Food52, and author of The Fearless Baker (Fall 2017)

Start with double the amount (1 1/2 cup) and reduce by half, to get 3/4 cup. It's ideal to use the produce King Arthur flour sells (trust me, it's amazing and you won't regret the purchase). In a pinch you can use 3/4 cup apple juice concentrate.

denise milke

what is it about King Arthur flour ? I don't think it is sold in my area. Is it equivalent to Pillsbury All purpose flour?

Erin McDowell
Erin McDowell

Sorry if I was unclear, King Arthur sells a product called "boiled cider" in their catalogue or through their website. It's a really wonderful product and they include lots of other ideas and ways to use it on their site, should you make the purchase!

denise milke

oh ok, i just googled it....that sounds like an awesome product. I bake alot with apples and cinnamon..gotta get some...thank you very much.

Nan
Nan

Erin what other recipes have you used this boiled cider for?

Aliyia Patterson

I'll have to make my own and buy some for later I can't find any place where I can get it in time. This is where reading the whole recipe comes into play.

Wanying Elaine Zhang

Here's a recipe I found online for making boiled cider at home.
http://www.tablefortwoblog.com/boiled-cider/