Can I substitute apple cider vinegar for apple cider

Recipe calls for 3/4 cup of cider

asked by glynis about 4 years ago

That would make for a very tart/sour recipe. What are you making?

Liza's Kitchen NYC

It depends on what you are making, but generally no. Vinegar and cider are two very different products. You could probably substitute apple juice though (and lower the sugar content of the recipe).

There is no added sugar in apple cider or apple juice. Are you thinking of hard cider? There is sugar added during fermentation as food for the yeast, similar to kombucha.

skenny89

no but simply apple juice has a great cider flavor if you can't find the local stuff

Sharon Boone

Center cut pork chops