🔕 🔔

How long can a baked cheese souffle be kept in a fridge before reheating?

I'm thinking of making twice cooked cheese souffles as a starter for dinner party and want to prepare a few days before and keep refrigerated. What is the maximum time they can be pre-cooked. I'll place them on parchment and cover with clingfilm in the fridge

asked by Lesley Wilson about 2 years ago

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

I've never done it, so I did some research for you, and it looks like you're safe for 2-3 days. Interestingly, some recipes say that you can freeze after the first bake and then reheat. It may not rise as high after the second bake as it did after the first. Good luck!

88afa98e fd9c 4e61 af72 03658638b6cb  eight ball 600px

I've never done this before either, but I found one recipe from a very reputable source that said these could be prepped the day before.

http://www.foodandwine...

During his heyday, Jeremiah Tower was one of the best. As a restaurant chef, he is understandably very sensitive about freshness. These would probably be acceptable to a home cook if made 2-3 days before.

Good luck.

1097a5b5 1775 4eec a8ea 7421137b65dc  image 2 apples claire sullivan 2

I actually asked a very similar question a few months back re April Bloomfield's goat cheese souffle (baking dish lined in ground almonds - heavenly) where she specifically suggests making it ahead and reheating: https://food52.com/hotline... Lots of helpful replies, might be useful to you.

I ended up making it to serve immediately that time, but subsequently made it for family a day ahead and reheated. It held up fine - possibly ever so marginally less puffed on 'take 2' but it was still beautiful, with a wonderful light fluffy texture. (I used one big baking dish however, so I can't speak to how it reheats as individuals.) Btw, here's her recipe, with very clear photos: http://spryonfood.com/2013...