🔕 🔔

I need to cook scalloped potatoes about 3 days ahead of time. What is the best way to do this?

I was thinking I could bake them without cheese on top and refrigerate them. Then add cheese and warm up when ready to serve. Would this work?

asked by laura almost 3 years ago

3c06cd25 35e0 4ec9 8678 3a704e470896  403597 2484676196606 694352263 n

Hi Laura,

It would be best to make this dish one or two days ahead, most recipes I consulted said you could either leave it at the stage just before baking or bake it, allow it to cool, and then refrigerate it.

To get it ready to serve, allow it to reheat to room temperature then, if you're cooking it for the first time, bake it according to the recipe, or, reheat in your oven slowly at a low temp (200-300 degrees)

F3fdbabe d72e 44f9 919d eecf03b7e10e  liza skitchenlogo

I'm not a big fan of leaving food in the fridge so many days, especially potatoes and cream which can absorb the smells of other things in your fridge. Instead, I'd assemble, cook, and then freeze (and reheat on the day of).