A question about a recipe: Mayan Vernal Moon Bake

I have a question about the recipe "Mayan Vernal Moon Bake" from honeyhil. The recipe calls for polenta, I wonder if that means the prepared version or from the context-the raw version. It also calls for a bunch of kale, roughly how many cups would that be ?

• Posted by: Misty
  • November 23, 2015
9327c7a7 1709 403f 8aff b52ae72578b4  image
Recipe question for: Mayan Vernal Moon Bake

702551
702551 November 23, 2015

Step 7 instructs the reader to cook the grains together in the vegetable broth, hence those grains are raw.

I don't know how many cups a bunch of kale is, someone else will need to answer that question.

Kenzi Wilbur
Kenzi Wilbur November 23, 2015

Hi Misty—I've never made this before, but it seems like the recipe is calling for raw polenta. And the kale doesn't seem like an exact science; I'd go with a medium bunch of kale, or 3/4 cups.

Misty
Misty November 24, 2015

Sorry about that I was rushed. I did weigh some kale bunches at the store used that weight to sub the kale for equal amount thin sliced cabbage, which I found listed as a kale substitute on foodsubs.com. Yes, cooking is art more than science; just looking for a broader point of view, sorry to inconvenience/annoy anyone.