Quinoa an Kale Quiche

Says to cook Quinoa and onions 20 minutes. Should that be 10? Also, add raw eggs and then "season to taste". After adding raw eggs?

SKK January 10, 2013

The onions are cooked separate from the quinoa. To cook the quinoa measure it, soak it in cold water for 10 minutes and rinse it until the water runs clear. Then cook at simmer for about 15 minutes until done. The onions are sautéed in a pan for about 10 or 15 minutes until they are soft. The kale, onion, cheeses, quinoa and eggs are mixed together and that is baked. Season as you go. Hope this helps.

Hilarybee
Hilarybee January 11, 2013

SKK's answer is excellent! Thanks, SKK. The components- the onions and the quinoa are cooked separately. Prep the quinoa first in a small saucepan with water. While that is cooking, the onions are sauteed in a pan until they are soft. The eggs, quinoa, onion, cheese are mixed together, poured into a pie dish and baked for about an hour.