Presale! 2 new cookbooks from Food52. Claim your signed copies »
🔕 🔔

Make ahead thanksgiving breakfast tips?

I'm planning on making a cinnamon brioche wreath for thanksgiving breakfast and hoping to make it ahead (on Wednesday, or even today!) I'm wondering what step in the process I should refrigerate or freeze it before baking. Should I make the dough, let it rise til doubled then refrigerate overnight, shape and bake in the morning?
Or should I make the dough, let it rise, shape, then refrigerate and bake in the morning?
And should I let it come to room temp/do a second rise before baking or is it ok to go straight in the oven? Thank you!

asked by Julia about 1 year ago
D0abaf68 a3aa 4105 a15a 732c3fd0d9ee  186158

hi julia!

i think the dough would be fine if you were to do either of your first suggestions— either refrigerate overnight and then shape (like in this recipe: https://food52.com/recipes...) or shape the dough, then refrigerate overnight and bake in the morning. just let the dough come to room temp before sliding into the oven!

Join Our Email List!

Inbox Inspiration:

Our newsletter is brimming with recipes and features that have us talking—dive in!

A Joyful Home:

Sign up to get $10 off a first purchase of $50 or more in our shop full of tools & treasures.

Come On In:

Join our humming community and get dibs on events, peeks at new cookbooks, and a surprise or two.