🔕 🔔

Freezing dough after rise

Whenever I bake a challah I usually cut the recipe in half to make a smaller loaf, but I was wondering if the dough can be frozen after the first rise, before it's shaped? Or after the second rise? Ideally I'd like to freeze half of the recipe so I can maybe bake it the week after, instead of baking both loaves (I have a tiny oven). Help!

asked by Ali Worthalter about 1 year ago

My short answer, yes better before or after 1st rise. Not so good after second rise, but some do it.
Longer answers from many hands: threads about this question on the hotline.
https://food52.com/hotline...