🔕 🔔

Dry meat if stuffed/cooked longer?

I usually roast chicken at high temp less time and it's perfectly juicy and crisp. I realize I'll be lowering temp for turkey but still seems that outside (meat) will be dry if stuffed and therefore roasting so much longer. I brined it for 2 days following Nigellas "spiced and super-juicy roast turkey" recipe.

asked by Melissa almost 2 years ago

E7b6597b db6e 4cae b9f3 699b508f4ed3  036

I advocate for not stuffing the turkey but rather cooking it separately because yes, you will have to cook it longer and therefore risk drying out the meat. You can add drippings from the turkey to the dressing as it bakes and still get it full of turkey goodness without drying or overcooking either one.