🔕 🔔

What's the best way to transfer turkey drippings from the pan?

In my particular case, I'm roasting a butterflied bird (on a rack) on a half-sheet baking pan, but I think the question still applies for those using deep roasters or other pans. Instructions always say to "pour" them off, but let's be real: That's unwieldy and never works.

asked by steph almost 2 years ago

Cfe06c3a 31ba 4cd7 a0b0 2d1e7eb98d8e  18930218514 6fcf35ff43 b

Lindsay-Jean is a Contributing Writer & Editor at Food52.

I'm sorry this is too late to help this year, but I think with something that shallow, your best bet would be to use a turkey baster (or something similar) to suck most of the drippings out until you got to a level that you could comfortable pour.

How did I miss this question? So sorry! After the bird is removed from the pan, I get a helper to assist me in pouring off the fat. I make the gravy right in the pan.