spatchcocked turkey - pan size

I am picking up a spatchcocked turkey tomorrow that will be 12-14lbs, and am planning to do the braise roast (linked). I need to pick up or order a pan today. What size do you think would work? Some options I've found: 17 x 13 roasting pan, 18 x 12 roasting pan, 19 x 13 oval roasting pan, or a 19.5x11.5 aluminum disposable pan on a baking sheet? Help! Thanks! https://food52.com/recipes...

asked by Jessica 28 days ago

Suzanne D'Amato
Suzanne D'Amato

Suzanne is the Editor-in-Chief of Food52.

Spatchcocked turkeys can take up a lot of space—you'd be safest going with the biggest pan your oven can accommodate, and also making sure that that pan fits in your fridge if you're planning to brine or dry the skin out. I'd suggest a rectangular pan over an oval shape. Hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving!

Jessica

Thank you so much for the quick response! The butcher is brining it for me, so I am all set there. :)