🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: All-Butter Crust recipe

3b4629aa 4e7e 4b1c 9b23 f7eb4fd93974  all butter crust

I have a question about the recipe "All-Butter Crust recipe" from ElsenEM. How long and at what temperature do I cook this pie crust for?

asked by Jessica Johnson almost 2 years ago

Deb82d16 cecc 4f1f 868a 031700ad2ca0  leslie stephens food copy
Leslie Stephens

Assistant Editor, Food52

35 to 45 minutes at 375° F. If it starts to get too dark, you can lower to 325 with filling! Or are you referring to par-baking? (PS this is my boyfriend's favorite crust recipe—and I can confirm, it is so so good!!)

I need directions for oar-baking please!

7c06bfa6 dcc3 4ae2 b256 5c89e09648ca  2017 0309 samantha james ransom 242 1
Samantha Weiss Hills

Samantha is a freelance writer and editor.

Hi Jessica! I just made an all butter crust this morning! This is the method I'm using. Par bake at 400 - 425°F should. Place the cold pastry shell on a rimmed baking sheet. Prick the pastry all over with the tines of a fork, then line the shell with aluminum foil. Fill with pie weights or dried beans and blind bake for 10 minutes. Remove the foil and beans and bake for 10 minutes more. Remove the pastry from the oven (still on its baking sheet) and let cool on a wire rack before adding the filling.