A question about a recipe: All-Butter Crust recipe

I have a question about the recipe "All-Butter Crust recipe" from ElsenEM. How long and at what temperature do I cook this pie crust for?

Leslie Stephens
Leslie Stephens November 25, 2015

35 to 45 minutes at 375° F. If it starts to get too dark, you can lower to 325 with filling! Or are you referring to par-baking? (PS this is my boyfriend's favorite crust recipe—and I can confirm, it is so so good!!)

Jessica Johnson
Jessica Johnson November 26, 2015

I need directions for oar-baking please!

Samantha Weiss Hills
Samantha Weiss Hills November 26, 2015

Hi Jessica! I just made an all butter crust this morning! This is the method I'm using. Par bake at 400 - 425°F should. Place the cold pastry shell on a rimmed baking sheet. Prick the pastry all over with the tines of a fork, then line the shell with aluminum foil. Fill with pie weights or dried beans and blind bake for 10 minutes. Remove the foil and beans and bake for 10 minutes more. Remove the pastry from the oven (still on its baking sheet) and let cool on a wire rack before adding the filling.