🔕 🔔

if a recipe calls for chilling gingerbread dough for 6hours can u speed that up in the freezer?

asked by @whitneyg almost 2 years ago

21cce3cd 8e22 4227 97f9 2962d7d83240  photo squirrel

Def not in the freezer. Could you make it a day in advance and refrig it for longer than 6 hrs? I don't think that would hurt it.

4e44c326 7cc2 42c2 8c1f e55e60b8bb30  image

We make gingerbread boys every year and if I'm in a hurry I freeze for at least and hour, I find no disernable difference.

8b674ba3 39fc 4fe6 a2de cf458d934432  image

I make and keep a supply of Alice Medrich's butter cookies all the time. Love slicing off and baking one to have with my tea. I was in a hurry one day and used my freezer to quick chill it. It was very cold, but the cookie tasted different. It was more floury and less buttery. I think that is the issue of hydration that QueenSashy spoke of. I actually have found that the cookies are even better a couple of days later. That's my experience, but I'm sure it depends on the recipe.