🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Porchetta

611f02df 8a68 43be 86c3 260625210d25  2015 1113 porchetta alpha smoot 324

I have a question about the recipe "Porchetta" from Sara Jenkins. What if you can't find skin on pork shoulder roasts? Is there a substitution or alteration to the recipe?

asked by sedgmon almost 2 years ago

88afa98e fd9c 4e61 af72 03658638b6cb  eight ball 600px

There's probably no substitution; the skinless version simply will be absent of the cracklings texture on the outside.

As for the recipe alternation, it is likely that the cooking time would be reduced. In any case, your goal is to reach the same internal temperature (170-180 degrees).

8bbfe648 dc7e 43f9 816b 4de4ae50eec7  photo
SMSF

SMSF is a trusted home cook.

If you have access to a good butcher, they can probably order a skin-on shoulder for you. Of course not everyone has that option, but it's definitely worth asking for if you can.

Even my Albertsons has ordered a skin on roast for me. I think it took 3 - 4 days to get it to the store after ordering. Well worth it.