🔕 🔔

Best Book on Cheese Making?

My boyfriend has been making cheese and mentioned wanting to try more kinds and to set up a cave for aging. I've found tons of info on building a cheese fridge that I'm getting him for Christmas but wanted to include a really amazing/helpful book to go with it. A lot of what I've found on Amazon has really mixed reviews and he's a chef so I don't need a super beginners guide. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

asked by klkrapp over 2 years ago

E75016e9 47b6 4c16 9726 60e0e83283ba  22073 1321490391675 6875987 n

Artisan Cheesemaking at Home by Mary Karlin is impeccably researched (and beautiful, to boot).

I have this book: http://www.amazon.com/Mastering... It's very explanatory and easy to follow. Ricki Carroll is a really good cheesemaking teacher in the Berkshires, if you're interested in classes.