Best Book on Cheese Making?

My boyfriend has been making cheese and mentioned wanting to try more kinds and to set up a cave for aging. I've found tons of info on building a cheese fridge that I'm getting him for Christmas but wanted to include a really amazing/helpful book to go with it. A lot of what I've found on Amazon has really mixed reviews and he's a chef so I don't need a super beginners guide. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

asked by klkrapp almost 3 years ago

Ali Slagle

Artisan Cheesemaking at Home by Mary Karlin is impeccably researched (and beautiful, to boot).

I have this book: http://www.amazon.com/Mastering-Artisan-Cheesemaking-Home-Scale-Producers/dp/1603583327/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1450383780&sr=1-1&keywords=cheesemaking+book It's very explanatory and easy to follow. Ricki Carroll is a really good cheesemaking teacher in the Berkshires, if you're interested in classes.