🔕 🔔

What's the best bread for cheese fondue? Does it need to be dried out?

asked by SpecialSka over 6 years ago

84baef1b 1614 4c3d a895 e859c9d40bd1  chris in oslo

I like fresh baguettes, as it's easy to cut them up, making sure each piece has plenty of crust. But in the fondue contest, I noticed that a lot of cooks like country loaves and other more hearty choices.

Although I do agree with Greenstuff on baguettes, I have come to love a nice rustic sourdough round which is just convenient for me. The sourdough bakery is close, very close.

It's no for me on the dried out part too!

Thanks! Looks like crust is king here--totally agree.

No on dried out bread for me too! But I have been served a fondue with an assortment of breads, and a whole wheat walnut bread was excellent.