What's the best bread for cheese fondue? Does it need to be dried out?

asked by SpecialSka about 7 years ago

I like fresh baguettes, as it's easy to cut them up, making sure each piece has plenty of crust. But in the fondue contest, I noticed that a lot of cooks like country loaves and other more hearty choices.

ChefDaddy

Although I do agree with Greenstuff on baguettes, I have come to love a nice rustic sourdough round which is just convenient for me. The sourdough bakery is close, very close.

ChefDaddy

It's no for me on the dried out part too!

SpecialSka

Thanks! Looks like crust is king here--totally agree.

nutcakes

No on dried out bread for me too! But I have been served a fondue with an assortment of breads, and a whole wheat walnut bread was excellent.

John McAlonan

Why did i have to sign up to post a simple cooking question? What are you afraid of?