1/2 of a Sauce Recipe

I'm halving a recipe for bologenese. Will it work? Does the size of the pot matter.

asked by EG1231 almost 3 years ago

lloreen

Yes, it should be fine, though you will need to taste for seasoning. Sometimes the measurements aren't exact when you halve or double. Just choose a pot that won't bubble over. For future reference, though, bolognese freezes really well.

EG1231

Thank you! What do you think about this recipe? @lloreen http://www.bonappetit.com...

That recipe looks great. I never follow a recipe when I make bolognese sauce.

However, the Bon Appetit recipe is so extravagant and fussy (at least for a bolognese, in my opinion) that making a half portion would be a tremendously poor waste of effort.

Make the whole recipe and freeze what you aren't going to serve right away.

lloreen

Looks good - I'm kind of partial to Marcella hazan's Classic bolognese recipe, though. It has the advantage of only requiring simple ingredients that I always have on hand. Happy cooking!