A question about a recipe: Birthday lollipop cake

30c5a0d1 21d8 4019 9ff1 30092fd285a5  img 8555 web

I have a question about the recipe "Birthday lollipop cake" from Oh Sweet Day!. I think there are some ingredients missing from the list: How much salt should be added to the flour? How much of the butter goes in the batter & how much in the buttercream? Same question for the heavy cream?

asked by Annaperenna almost 3 years ago

I suggest you contact the recipe author directly. No one here knows more about the recipe than the actual author.

While often there are typos/transcription errors when authors post to Food52 (or other food sites), in this case it appears the author's recipe on her own blog has the same omissions:

http://ohsweetday.com/2015/10/lollipop-cake.html

Good luck.

That is a gorgeous cake! I agree with trying to get info from the author directly, but I'd also be concerned about making a fancy cake where the instructions aren't clear. Molly Yeh has some gorgeous cake recipes on her blog, and the instructions are detailed and clear. http://mynameisyeh.com/recipes-list/

Oh Sweet Day!

Hi Annaperenna, I apologize for the confusion. Correct recipe has been reposted. Please check it out. Merry Christmas! :)