I made the genius hummus and it set up like paste in the fridge. Is water and a whirl in the food processor the best way to loosen?

• Posted by: SpaCook
  • January 3, 2016

AntoniaJames January 4, 2016
I always add more lemon juice, which brightens it up nicely. You can just stir it in with a spoon. (I make triple batches of this recipe, freezing in pint and half pint containers so we always have it on hand. I know exactly what you're talking about.) ;o)

Trena H. January 3, 2016
I agree with Nancy's tips, and would add that when my hummus tightens up in the refrigerator I often add a bit of Extra Virgin Olive Oil before serving.

SpaCook January 3, 2016
Much appreciated!

Nancy January 3, 2016
From fridge, bring to room temperature (about half an hour) before serving. If at room temperature it is still too thick, yes mix a little water in - probably by hand is enough, so you won't have to go through the transfer to & washing of processor.
It is often served warm (from just being made) in restaurants. You could do that with a quick warm up in microwave or oven.

SpaCook January 3, 2016
I appreciate the help. I've made loads of hummus and it's never tightened this much. Good point about the addition by hand. I hate dirtying the food processor!